Social Media to Improve Healthcare?
I do believe healthcare workers have to consider patient privacy (HIPPA) and the balance of staying professional.
Do professional social networks have the potential to better healthcare or do the risks outweigh the pros? Should professional social networks help to better health care or is it too risky? Let me know your thoughts below. This was a very interesting topic for me.
I think that as a society, we have moved away from considering ethics. Every time there is even a slight chance that patient privacy might be violated, I believe that healthcare professionals should refrain from using social media for learning. It is not considered ethical to publicly discuss patients who are not in one's direct care and if they are, the paper trail must be kept minimal. How, then, can the use of social media be justified? Additionally, I find it concerning that nowadays, doctors use AI to 'help them transcribe the notes.' It seems that every week we hear how a company uses AI to spy on their users. When I see that, it shows me that they disregard HIPAA and patient privacy.
ReplyDelete